Entering an Adjusting Journal Entry

Adjusting Journal Entries are made to:

  • Correct a posting error. For example, an office expense was posted to an incorrect expense account and the user needs to correct this

  • Enter the balance forward from the Trial Balance when first setting up Brief Accounting

  • Post the year-end adjustments such as depreciation expense


To enter an AJE:

Select the General Ledger module > AJE tab

Click the New icon

Fil in the Date, Reference, the GL Accounts and amounts that will be debited and credited.

Click Post when complete.


Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.
Powered by Zendesk