Occasionally, it may be necessary to repair a Brief Accounting.data file. Brief Accounting Version 9 has a built in Maintenance Center to accomplish this.
To repair a data file
1. Open Brief Accounting while holding down the option key on your keyboard.
You will see the following screen:
Select the Open the Maintenance and Security Center option and click Continue.
2. Click the Compact button on the left, then click the Compact records and indexes button:
When complete, you should see a green checkmark:
3. Click the Verify button on the left, then the Verify the records and indexes button:
4. You should see green checkmarks once verified. You can then close the Maintenance Center:
5. Once the verification is complete, use Finder to open the folder that contains your Brief Accounting data file (by default this is your Applications > Brief Accounting folder). You should see a folder named Replaced Files (Compacting) YYYY-MM-DD hh-mm-ss (date and time of maintenance). Delete this folder:
6. You can then open Brief Accounting as usual.